This is my first project as a guest design team member for NitWit Collections. From their wide arrangement of collections I used the photogenic collection and created a project with a vintage look.
The fun part of working with a digital collection is that you can use as many of one color / pattern as you desire. And that is what I did, I selected 2 color schemes to work with. Cream and Taupe on one side and Cream and Jade on the other side.
For this album I wanted to create a vintage look. So I started with Kraft cardstock Bazill, and inked/distressed all the edges and creases with Vintage photo distress ink. To make photo mats that went with the paper collection and the vintage feel of the album I’ve used tea died paper. This is something that I’ve tried a while back and never actually used the papers, until now that is. I was really happy that I had this paper because it just finishes the completed look of the folio.
To give some counterbalance I used quite a lot of acetate in the folio. It creates extra interest to this folio.
The digital collection had so many opportunities for embellishments. I really loved the vintage camera that comes in different variations. I also used the embellishments in different seizes to create more interest.
Probably my favorite items in the collection are the photo corners. They added that little bit to the page that it needed.
In the middle part of the folio I created two large acetate windows that could hold an 10×8″ photo. I decided to create some large tags with photo opportunity and placed those in the pockets.
When we open these two pockets up you will get a spread of four large panels. You could place quite some photo’s on these panels, however I highlighted one photo per panel, for this I’ve used the clusters that are already created in the collection.
On the left panel I placed a cluster on the patterned paper, in the software, to made it look like this cluster is stitched on the paper. I cut out a frame to place a photo mat for a 5×5″ photo. On the right panel I used a cluster and re-seized it to fit on my page with a half inch space on both sides. This cluster I backed with cardstock and distressed the edges. I can place a photo in the frame.
Here on the left panel I used a 12×12″ layout that was created and re-seized it to fit on the page. I cut into the image so that I could place a 6×4″ photo behind the layers. On the right panel I cut out the cluster and backed with cardstock, this cluster is only glued on the bottom so I can still reach the photo and even add more, smaller, photos.
If you want to make this folio you can download the cutting guide via the download button. And follow along with the tutorial on my YT channel.
It was really fun to make this folio and work with the digital collection by NitWit collections! I have a project share video for this folio on my YT channel, you can click here to watch it.